Have you see the new power space ships, errr, power stations that have landed at Hewes Library? With room for 6 plugs and 2 USBs, groups will find the power to collaborate longer! #libraryresources #studyspaces
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Friday, September 8, 2017
New items are added to the Hewes Library collection on a continual basis. Recent titles have included:
- Living a Feminist Life by Sara Ahmed
- Breakfast: A History by Heather Arndt Anderson
- Jazz of the Southwest by Jean A Boyd
- Love in the Dark: Philosophy by Another Name by Diane Enns
- Understanding Peace by Michael A Fox
- Sense of History by David Glassberg
- My Dear Friends in America by Daisaku Ikeda
- Java Programming: From the Beginning by K.N. King
- World Order by Henry Kissinger
- Value of Emily Dickinson by Mary Loeffelholz
Thursday, September 7, 2017
We are pleased to welcome Elizabeth Morales to Hewes Library as our part-time Evening & Weekend Supervisor. Elizabeth received her A.A. & B.A. in Secretarial Science from the University of Puerto Rico, Humacao, Puerto Rico. She served as Administrative Secretary and Academic Advisor in the English Department of the University of Puerto Rico, for 30 years before retiring and relocating with family to Jacksonville, Florida, where she worked in the public school system.
Elizabeth has recently moved to Monmouth this summer, joining her son-in-law, Carlos, and daughter, Jennifer Martinez Morales, who is currently teaching in our Classics Department.
The next time you are in the library late in the afternoon, please stop by and welcome Elizabeth to Monmouth College!