Thursday, February 27, 2020

Art Exhibition, Connections, Open


A new exhibition titled, Connections, is now open through April 3, 2020 in the Everett Gallery of Hewes Library.


About the artist:
Guadalupe Lanning Robinson is a quilt-maker and ceramic artist from Huntsville, Alabama.

She writes:

A great fascination with different-colored clays and the textures that can be produced with stoneware has led me to experiment with and study clays for the past thirty years. Continuous respect for the material is a factor I try to maintain in my work. I also have a great reverence for the idea of “craftsmanship” and it is a strong element when creating my work. My work has developed from the respect I have for clay and the joy I experience when working with it.
                I was born and grew up in Mexico City, a place with strong cultural ties and great tradition, full of sights, energy, sounds and flavor. Bringing together my Mexican heritage with the richness and tranquility of the Deep South has enriched my life. This constantly moves my work toward blending the two cultures.

This exhibition is part of the Visions & Verse program: celebrating collaborations between Artists & Poets.  Poet, James Miller Robinson, will join Guadalupe for special presentations and class visits in April.


The exhibition's  reception will take place on April 3rd 3pm-4:30pm. All are invited.


No comments:

Post a Comment